The 15th AGOA Forum was held in Washington, DC, in September 2016 with the theme “Maximizing U.S.-Africa Trade & Investment: AGOA and Beyond”
The 14th Forum was held in Gabon from 24 to 27 August 2015 and was dedicated to "AGOA at 15: Charting a Course for a Sustainable U.S.-Africa Trade and Investment Partnership”
The 13th Forum was held in Washington DC in 2014 with the theme: "Investing in the Next Generation".
The work focused on:
- Dialogue between the United States of America and African countries;
- Views of members of the US Congress on the renewal of the AGOA legilation
The theme of the 12th AGOA Forum in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 2013 was "Sustainable transformation through trade and technology."
The workshops addressed the following topics:
- The future of economic and trade cooperation between the United States of America and the countries of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Challenges and opportunities for development and cooperation at the private sector level;
- Programs affecting civil society.
The theme of the 11th AGOA Forum in 2012 in Washington, DC was "Enhancing Africa’s Infrastructure for Trade".
The workshops analyzed:
- Strengthening infrastructure development in Africa;
- Strategies to promote a better business climate and effective regulation that encourages public-private partnerships;
- The development of regional transport corridors, regional energy pools and electricity generation capacities.
The 10th AGOA Forum in Lusaka, Zambia in 2011 addressed the theme: "New Strategies for a Changing World".
The workshops focused on:
- Partnerships between small and medium enterprises in Africa and the U.S.;
- Improving the implementation of AGOA.
The 9th AGOA Forum was held in the United States of America in 2010 with the theme: "Improving intra-African trade, strengthening and expanding trade between the United States and Africa".
The workshops focused on:
- agricultural trade under AGOA;
- supply chains and regional integration;
- textiles and trade capacity building.
The 8th AGOA Forum was held from August 4 to 6, 2009 at the Kenyatta Convention Center in Nairobi, Kenya, with the theme: "Realizing the full potential of AGOA by developing trade and investment".
The forum focused on initiatives to encourage private sector investment that could increase trade and economic growth in AGOA countries.
The 7th AGOA Forum from July 14 to 16, 2008 in the United States of America focused on mobilizing private investment and its role in trade and economic growth.
The 6th AGOA forum was held from 18 to 19 July 2007 in Accra, Ghana. Sessions focused on measures to facilitate trade, financing, infrastructure development, and quality standards
The 5th AGOA Forum from June 6-7, 2006 in the United States was focused on examining the role of the private sector and foreign trade in terms of economic growth in Africa.
The 4th AGOA Forum was held from 18 to 20 July 2005 in Dakar, Senegal. Its theme was: Increasing and diversifying trade to promote the economic growth and competitiveness of African economies.
The 3rd AGOA Forum in December 2004 in the United States focused on "Accelerating investment and trade in the agricultural sector to improve the product quality so that they conform to international standards"
The 2nd AGOA Forum was held from 15 to 17 January 2003 in Mauritius under the theme: "Protecting preferential advantages and searching for better access to development funds"
The 1st AGOA Forum was held on 28 May 2000 in the United States. The main topic of exchange during the initial Forum was the promulgation of the African Growth and Opportunity Act.
Le 15ème forum AGOA s’est tenu à Washington DC en 2016 autour du thème « Maximiser l’AGOA maintenant tout en préparant l’avenir au-delà de l’AGOA »
Le 14ème forum s’est tenu au Gabon du 24 au 27 Aout 2015 et a pour thème « AGOA à 15 ans: Trouver un chemin vers un Partenariat Durable pour le Commerce et l’Investissement ».